FUTO Fellows Program
Receive up to $80,000 in funding, round-trip airfare to Austin, free housing for three months, access to a top-notch incubator space, expert mentorship, and more, all to work on anti-tech oligopoly software that empowers users!
Applications for the Summer 2023 FUTO Fellows class are now closed. Stay tuned for updates on our next batch in our community chat.
Concerned about the unprecedented power of the big tech oligopoly? There’s no better place to get in the fight to break it than in the third round of our residential incubator project. A few talented independent developers will spend July 15th to October 15th, 2023 building their dream anti-establishment project without having to give up any equity or compromise on any principle. This round of fellows will be the first to spend their entire tenure at FUTO’s newly renovated 13,000 sq. ft. Austin campus.
If selected, each member of your team will receive at least $20,000 of funding, airfare to Austin, free housing for three months, incubator space, equipment, mentorship, and VIP invites to FUTO events.
Applicants are asked to email a CV and 500–1000 word description of their project. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview with FUTO staff. International applications are welcome, however all fellows must travel to Austin for the fellowship.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with answers to all of the following questions:
- What is your project? Provide a link to more detailed information if it exists.
- How will your project reduce the harm that the Tech Oligopoly inflicts upon the people?
- How and when do you expect to publish the work resulting from your project?
- What have you finished or accomplished so far?
- Who is the target user of your work?
- What do you plan to do with copyrights and patents resulting from your project?
- How will you measure the success of your project? Please be as specific as possible.
- How would you rate your chances of success?
- What resources can the FUTO organization provide to assist?
- What resources have you been provided before if any, and from what donors?
Best of luck to all applicants!